|WTC 2010 Annual Report|
Washington Technology Center’s annual report for 2010 serves as one measure of the State of Washington’s efforts in supporting technology-based economic development — a crucial activity during the state’s recovery from a historic period of economic difficulty.
By most measures, the companies supported by Washington Technology Center performed exceptionally well in the past year — creating 121 net direct new jobs, generating $167 million in new investment, and producing $98 million in revenue. In addition, clients attributed $37.6 million of the new investment directly due to having worked with WTC.
- 121 net direct new jobs
- 10 percent increased employment by client companies
- $37.6 million in additional investment directly related to WTC projects
- 15.8 ratio (to 1) of directly related capital raised by WTC clients to state support for WTC
- $98.9 million in total revenue
- $167 million in total new investment
- $54 million in additional research funding to partner institution
- 49 percent approval rate for research partners’ applications for grant funding
Want to receive a printed copy of the 2010 Annual Report? Please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “2010 Annual Report” and your full mailing information in the body of the email.